Could your company benefit from International media coverage?
Now back to full fitness after my 1st last Dakar experiance, I have just received this confirmation from the organisers: “Dear Paul Jay, This year we received many high quality applications for Dakar 2014. In order to ensure the best possible race conditions, only a limited number of competitors have been selected to participate. After studying your registration file, we are delighted to confirm your entry for Dakar 2014”. I am now one of only 200 experienced riders taking part in this world wide event in January 2014 and one of only five UK riders been excepted!
Dakar 2013 Key Marketing Figures:
- 1 billion viewers (21% Europe, 28% America, 40% Asia, 11% Africa & Mid-East)
- 1, 200 hours of TV broadcasting via 70 broadcasters in 190 countries
- 4.6 million spectators (Argentine-1.5m, Chile-1.3m, Peru-1.8m)
- 373 million dollars of economic fallout for the countries
- 449 competitors vehicles (183 bikes, 38 quads, 153 cars, 75 trucks)
- 365 assistance vehicles
- 53 nationalities represented on the 2013 Dakar.
- A more international sports line-up with 5 new countries which were represented for the first time: Zambia, Egypt, El Salvador, Paraguay and Mongolia
- 27% came from South America vs 9% in 2009: this increase is due to the widespread popularity of the Dakar throughout the continent
- 64% came from Europe
- Website: 74 million page views – Top 5 of visitors’ nationalities: Argentina, France, Chile, the Netherlands, Spain
- Youtube: 5 million clips were viewed during the race.
- In addition to the content provided on dakar.com, the official Facebook page brought together more than 750,000 fans, while more than 90,000 followers signed up for the Dakar’s Twitter account.
- A total of 270,000 mobile application downloads vs 92,000 in 2012
For me, “Team PJ Dakar Racing” Sponsorship is all about building partnerships-relationships, linking you up with my other sponsors as well as giving you world wide exposure in promoting your products and services. I’m so greatful to have you on board the team.
Thank you for sponsoring me in “The Dakar” Rally, i couldn’t do it without you!
Battery management systems for your mission critical operations. Protect your power supply.
Global Leaders in Commercial Real Estate
At CBRE we are passionate about delivering market-leading real estate services that enable our clients to prosper.
Adopt the Virtual Facility to improve performance and prevent disaster in your Data Centre by predicting the future.
The leading provider of hard services led facilities maintenance and support services in the built environment.
Woods Motorcycles. Units A1-A4, Peel Street, Abergele, Conwy. LL22 7LA. Mon – Sat 9am – 5.30pm Sunday 11am – 4pm http://www.woodsmotorcycles.com/